Obtaining Turkish citizenship
Istanbul with its beautiful nature and its impressive system, Istanbul became one of the most visited cities in the world. Especially Istanbul is the connection between Asia and Europe. Turkey has become a favorite destination for all tourists around the world
Istanbul has an excellent infrastructure, as the city has a very organized road networks that cover the entire city, also a massive transportation system of (trains, buses and minibuses).
Turkey has some state laws that allow people in the country to speak their mind freely also a relatively strong passport that guarantees its citizens entry to many countries without a visa
Turkey also has some unique building structures, which combines architectural development and ottoman style, creating a wonderful architectural painting.
It is known that the minimum value of the property suitable for the condition of obtaining Turkish citizenship is 250 thousand US dollars, and the procedures for obtaining Turkish citizenship need approximately 4 to 6 months, depending on some specific circumstances of each person applying for Turkish citizenship through real estate investment, the Turkish government also plans to reduce the period of getting the citizenship in two less than two months by linking and coordinating between the relevant ministries.
Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship in exchange for buying a property in turkey
– The first condition: The price of real estate in Turkey that the foreigner buys has to be more than $ 250,000 and is paid by transferring the amount from the buyer’s account to the property owner’s account through a Turkish bank in one payment.
– The second condition: The buyer pledges not to sell the property until three years after the date of its purchase, where he signs a pledge with the real estate registry that he will not transfer the ownership of the real estate he purchased to apply for Turkish citizenship to person within the mentioned period of “3 years”.
-the third condition: where is the source of the money
The procedures for obtaining Turkish citizenship are summarized as follows:
- Property evaluation procedure :
The buyer evaluates his property by a trusted company from the government, and the names of these authorized companies can be known from lists that are located within the center designated for granting Turkish citizenship, and what is mentioned is that companies usually give evaluation after about three days and the company’s evaluation of the property should be more than 250,000 USD in order to fulfill the condition.
- The validity period of the evaluation granted by Turkish companies is only three months, as the person wishing to apply for citizenship must submit the evaluation document before the end of the three months, and if he does not progress during the mentioned period, a new evaluation should be produced.
Obtaining the title deed from the Land Registry Office:
- The buyer needs to register his property in the Land Registry Department and obtain the title deed. These procedures may take two or three days, since the tax number must be extracted at the beginning, and then after that, go to the Land Registry Department and register the property legally and officially.
- What must be confirmed is that a signal will be added by the Land Registry Office that these properties will not be sold until after three years, until the title deed is ready to be submitted to the Turkish Citizenship Center.
- Send the documents to the Turkish citizenship center.
- The rest of the papers and other documents are prepared, translated, and certified at the notary office, for a period of approximately 5 to 10 days, then delivered to the main office in Ankara.
- After handing over the papers and documents, the applicant can wait for about one to 10 days, and the rest of the procedures are within the jurisdiction of the Turkish government and its institutions, where the applicant is given a link through which he can follow the news of the progress of citizenship procedures, this institution informs him of any progress in the citizenship file, as The process needs about 4 months, starting from the transfer of the file to the departments of health and safety, and then the file is transferred to the Ministry of Interior directly and then to the presidency to sign the decision to obtain Turkish citizenship.
for more information please click the link below: